With growing businesses that have multiple employees or multiple sites, there is a security risk with assigning keys to employees.
With an Access Control Solution, business owners are able to keep a single master key and recognize a variety of benefits over a standard lock and key setup
- Instantaneously control access to your space
- Setup temporary access for vendors, contractors, and temp/seasonal workers
- Schedule daily unlock times for your main entry doors, no longer having to worry if the door was locked at the end of the day
- Report on daily activity, allowing for accurate timekeeping and site auditing
Traditionally Access Control has required a local server and a physical F.O.B. or card to gain access, coupled with an upfront software license fee that varies in price.
This has many benefits, but with IoT and Cloud Solutions, businesses no longer have to limit themselves to this type of setup.
Advantages of On-Premises Access Control
- Can be installed on existing servers with perpetually owned software (some carry a yearly agreement for upgrades and support)
- Many use SQL for their database allowing businesses to perform local backups and custom modifications
- Changes can be made locally if the internet is unavailable at the time
Advantage of Cloud Access Control
- No local server is required since the software is generally hosted on AWS or Azure servers
- No upfront software costs, instead licensing is generally on a monthly per reader basis
- Software is always up-to-date
- Mobile control and credentials are usually included and require no changes to the existing network
- Easy management of multiple locations without needing shared networks between locations
- Buildings with no network can operate over a cellular plan with minimal bandwidth
Whether your business is just starting or already off the ground, we have a solution for you.
Contact Us for more information
Openpath creates smart security solutions for the modern office. The company’s flagship product, Openpath Access, combines sleek hardware with an app, enabling employees to enter the office using their smartphones and making office management easier than ever. With encryption at every level and powerful, user-level permissions, Openpath Access is both more secure and more dynamic than traditional systems.
Brivo is one of the Pioneers in cloud based Access Control.
Their system allows anywhere, anytime access and requires little IT intervention. With a hosted solution, no server is needed and updates are automatic, so you are never behind. They have a 99.9% uptime guarantee and utilize both traditional and mobile bluetooth credentials.